Deadline, Fri, Apr 1, MIDNIGHT
Contact House to Pass the Child Interrogation Protection Act
This Act already passed the Senate (SB 53). Children must have a parent or guardian notified and have the opportunity to consult with an attorney before police can interrogate them. Click on this ACLU link to urge your House Delegates to pass this Protection Act.
IN-PERSON ANNAPOLIS ACTIONS
Tues, Mar 29, 9:30 AM
JUFJ will be in Annapolis for its regular Tzedek Tzedek Tuesday to greet legislators and join partners in front of the State House to advocate for priority issues and for a press conference with partners working on police accountability. Join JUFJ for Tzedek Tzedek Tuesday and then stick around for the press conference: https://jufj.org/event/ttt-2/
Fri, Apr 1, 9:30 AM
JUFJ will join CASA and other partners in front of the State House to continue our calls for the immediate passage of Access to Counsel in Immigration Proceedings. CASA is going to be in Annapolis every day until the end of session and we want to show up in support. Email Matan Zeimer directly if you plan to attend.
Tue, April 5 from 9-11 AM
RALLY to PASS SOCIAL JUSTICE LEGISLATION
Maryland State House (Annapolis)
See the event page!
Updates on Legislation we have supported:
Three bills we supported Crossed-Over to the other chamber by the deadline. They have a chance of passing:
- SB 0129/HB 0114 Access to Counsel in Immigration Proceedings Program
- HB 0269/SB 0053. Child Interrogation Protection Act (Juvenile Law)
- HB 0008/SB 275 Time to Care Act of 2022: Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program
One housing bill that we supported last year has Crossed-Over. It has a chance of passing:
- SB0006/HB 0086 Tenant Protection Act of 2022—Residential Leases and Tenants Rights and Protections
Two of the five Policy-supported bills have NOT PASSED before the Cross-Over deadline in the Maryland General Assembly. These two are environmental bills:
- SB 783/HB 596 Constitutional Amendment: Environmental Human Rights
- SB135/HB171 Climate Crisis and Environmental Justice Act (CCEJ)