- The Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington will be a generationally transformative gathering on June 20, 2020 at the US Capitol in Washington DC.
- We are marching to Washington DC from across the nation to demonstrate the collective power of poor and low-wealth people. We demand that both major political parties address the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, militarism and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism by implementing our Moral Agenda.
- 10:00 AM on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- Northeast corner of the National Mall in Washington DC on Pennsylvania Ave NW extending west from 3rd St NW.
- We are coming to Washington DC to dramatize the pain and prophetic leadership of the poor and dispossessed and build power to enact our demands.
- We are waking the nation to the interlocking injustices facing 140 million poor and low-wealth people, 43% of the nation.
- But it’s not enough just to be awake. It’s not the waking, it’s the rising. On June 20, 2020, We Rise Together!
- If the rejected millions—the poor without health insurance, without living wages, without clean water, without voting protections—unite, we can move the moral and political imagination of this country and revive the heart of the nation!
- The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is made up of people of all backgrounds, we are Black, Brown, White, Native, and Asian; we are old and young; we are Christian, Sikh, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim; we are people of faith and not of faith; we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities; we are led by poor people and we are a cross-class movement; we are people of all abilities; and we live across this nation, from Alabama to Alaska, from Maine to California to Mississippi.
- People will march, ride, bus, drive, fly, walk, run, train, bike and more to Washington, DC on June 20, 2020!
- First, go to www.june2020.org to let us know you’re coming.
- Spread the word in your networks and social media.
- Check out rally.co/poor-peoples-assembly to find a bus coming from your community. Don’t see one? No problem! Start a pick-up spot and if you get at least 5-10 people, Rally will route a bus to pick you up.
- Register your delegation here. Remember, if you organize a vehicle separate from Rally.co you will need to arrange parking.
- Get connected to your state’s coordinating committee.