With its broad sweep, the COVID-19 pandemic has forced us into an unprecedented national emergency. This emergency, however, results from a deeper and much longer term crisis — that of poverty and inequality, and of a society that ignores the needs of 140 million people who are poor or a $400 emergency away from being poor.
Above, watch our discussion Thursday, March 19 at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 PT with MoveOn about a Moral Response to the dual crises of Pandemic and Poverty.
- Sign our petition to demand a moral stimulus package that addresses the roots of the double pandemic of poverty and COVID-19.
- Click here to learn more about who and what was left out of the COVID-19 stimulus bill.
- Click here to read the Poor People’s Campaign’s COVID-19 Health Justice Advisory Committee’s statement.
- Faith leaders and congregations, use this Poverty Amidst Pandemic Litany as we approach the religious celebrations of Easter, Passover and Ramadan this week and in the coming weeks.
- Click here for our April 4, 2020: A Day of Prophetic Mourning & Action digital toolkit.
Click here for additional readings & resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic from the Poor People’s Campaign and our national co-chairs.