Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the polls in 2022 June 18, 2022
All Roads Lead to Washington D.C.
The Mass Poor People’s & Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly & Moral March on Washington on June 18, 2022 will be a generationally-transformative declaration of the power of poor and low-wealth people and our moral allies to say that this system is killing ALL of us and we can’t…we won’t…
WE REFUSE TO BE SILENT ANYMORE
UPCOMING ACTIONS AND M.O.R.E. TOUR
National Launch of Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington
Major press conference live from across the nation with partners and allies to announce our plans for June 18, 2022.
Join us as we travel to cities across the country to Mobilize, Organize, Register, Educate and Empower poor and low-income leaders to build power and shift the narrative. Dates and cities coming soon!
WHY WE MARCH?
We Assemble and March on June 18, 2022 because any nation that ignores nearly half of its citizens is in a moral, economic and political crisis. There were 140 million people who were poor or one emergency away from economic ruin before the pandemic. Since March 2020, while hundreds of thousands of people have died, millions are on the edge of hunger and eviction, and still without health care or living wages, billionaire wealth has grown by over $2 trillion.
After low-income people turned out in record numbers in 2020, the needs and concerns of the 140 million are going unaddressed and voter suppression continues unabated.
There are abundant resources to meet our needs, and we march to summon the political will to do so. America must have a moral revolution now. It is time to nonviolently disrupt, protest, shake up and alter the direction of our nation towards love, truth, justice and equal protection under the law.
We must do MORE to make America live up to her possibilities:
- MORE to fully address the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation and the denial of health care, militarism and the false narrative of Christian nationalism.
- MORE to change the narrative and build the power of those most impacted by these injustices.
- MORE to realize a Third Reconstruction agenda that can build this country from the bottom up and realize the nation we have yet to be.
The Mass Poor People’s & Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly & Moral March on Washington on June 18, 2022 will be a generationally-transformative declaration of the power of poor and low-wealth people and our moral allies to say that this system is killing ALL of us and we can’t…we won’t…we refuse to be silent anymore!
Sign-Up to be a Mobilizing Captain and bring a delegation to DC on June 18, 2022!
Here’s what it means to be a Mobilizing Captain:
- Identify a base of operations: This can be an organization, place of worship, neighborhood, a neighborhood or apartment building, family, school, club, union or sorority/fraternity– any group of people!
- Invite members of your base of operation to join you in DC on June 18 by letting them know why you are going, and what the Poor People’s Campaign is fighting for.
- Register Yourself as a Mobilizing Captain here so we can make sure you get all of the information you need as you make your way to Washington.
- Choose your mode of transportation! For bus transportation to DC, see info on using Rally.co/ppc, which is a company we are partnering with that makes it easy to book a local bus to and from DC.
- Create a Rally point: Create a trip on Rally.co/ppc so folks can go ahead and start buying their tickets to travel to DC. The earlier you start the cheaper the rates are! Be on the lookout for more information on fundraising and travel coupon opportunities!
- Receive in the mail a free box of M.O.R.E materials like flyers, signs, stickers, and organizing manuals to help get the word out about June 18th when you sign up to be a Mobilizing Captain