June 18, 2022 – 9am Gather – 10am Start
Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the polls
All Roads Lead to Washington D.C.
The Mass Poor People’s & Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly & Moral March on Washington and to the Polls on June 18, 2022 will be a generationally-transformative declaration of the power of poor and low-wealth people and our moral allies to say that this system is killing ALL of us and we can’t…we won’t…
WE REFUSE TO BE SILENT ANYMORE
UPCOMING ACTIONS AND JUNE 18 MOBILIZATION TOUR
- February-May Mobilization Tour for the Mass Poor People’s and Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the Polls
The Mobilization Tour will make at least ten stops nationwide to do MORE — Mobilize, Organize, Register and Educate people for a movement that votes. All leading us to the historic Assembly and March in Washington DC on June 18, 2022.
- May 23 Memphis, Tennessee
- June 18 Washington DC
Mass Poor People’s & Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly and Moral March on Washington and to the Polls
Past Tour Stops
- February 14 Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia (virtual)
- February 28 Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas (virtual)
- March 28 Raleigh, NC North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia
- March 28 Madison, WI Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois
- April 3 Washington DC Worship Service at National City Christian Church, Bishop William J. Barber, II preaching
- April 4 Washington DC Gathering and Dedication of Freedom Plaza
- April 5-9 Moral March on West Virginia – Harper’s Ferry to Martinsburg
- April 11 New York, New York – Join us in NYC for a Moral March on Wall Street!
- April 25 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- May 16 Los Angeles, California
WHY WE MARCH?
We Assemble and March on June 18, 2022 because any nation that ignores nearly half of its citizens is in a moral, economic and political crisis. There were 140 million people who were poor or one emergency away from economic ruin before the pandemic. Since March 2020, while hundreds of thousands of people have died, millions are on the edge of hunger and eviction, and still without health care or living wages, billionaire wealth has grown by over $2 trillion.
After low-income people turned out in record numbers in 2020, the needs and concerns of the 140 million are going unaddressed and voter suppression continues unabated.
There are abundant resources to meet our needs, and we march to summon the political will to do so. America must have a moral revolution now. It is time to nonviolently disrupt, protest, shake up and alter the direction of our nation towards love, truth, justice and equal protection under the law.
We must do MORE to make America live up to her possibilities:
- MORE to fully address the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation and the denial of health care, militarism and the war economy and the false moral narrative of religious nationalism.
- MORE to change the narrative and build the power of those most impacted by these injustices.
- MORE to realize a Third Reconstruction agenda that can build this country from the bottom up and realize the nation we have yet to be.
The Mass Poor People’s & Low-Wage Workers’ Assembly & Moral March on Washington on June 18, 2022 will be a generationally-transformative declaration of the power of poor and low-wealth people and our moral allies to say that this system is killing ALL of us and we can’t…we won’t…we refuse to be silent anymore!
Sign-Up to be a Mobilizing Captain and bring a delegation to DC on June 18, 2022!
Here’s what it means to be a Mobilizing Captain:
- Who do you know? Identify organizations, places of worship, your neighbors, neighborhood or apartment building, family, school, club, union, sororities or fraternities– any group of people!
- Invite these people to be a part of your delegation to join you in DC on June 18, 2022, by letting them know why you are going and what the Poor People’s Campaign is fighting for.
- Register yourself as a Mobilizing Captain on the RSVP form so we can make sure you get all of the information you need as you make your way to Washington.
- Choose your mode of transportation! For bus transportation to DC, see info on using Rally.co, which is a company we are partnering with that makes it easy to book a local bus to and from DC.
- Create a Rally point: Create a trip on Rally.co so folks can go ahead and start buying their tickets to travel to DC. The earlier you start the cheaper the rates are!
- When you sign up as a Mobilizing Captain for June 18, 2022 you will receive in the mail a free box of M.O.R.E. materials like flyers, signs, stickers, and organizing manuals to help get the word out about June 18th.