Concerning the Handling of Personal Information
PPC:NCMR acknowledges the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information, and will adhere to all applicable privacy laws.
Collection. We collect data about you when you:
- submit an inquiry or registration form;
- make a donation or sign an online petition;
- participate in some of the online activities we run from time to time;
- subscribe to one of our online services, such as the newsletter or Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call For Moral Revival volunteer registration form;
- use this website;
- communicate with us (via email, phone, postal mail, etc.);
- otherwise provide your details to us either online or offline.
Information Collected. The elements of your information that we collect may include:
- first and last name;
- phone numbers;
- email address;
- if you make a donation, payment details such as credit card information (as with other data, credit card information is held in a secure environment and is retained only for as long as is required to process your gift(s));
- website usage data and other related technical information, indicating, for example, your browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, IP address, or the site you clicked from;
- other information you provide to us.
Mobile Opt-In. By providing your mobile number you consent to receive text messages from Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival via the number 66539. Message and data rates may apply. You can always unsubscribe from messages by texting STOP to opt-out. You can also text HELP for more information. Recurring messages can be expected. We will never sell your number or any other information to a third party.
The wireless operator does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important. For that reason, PPC:NCMR never collects information through the Website from individuals who PPC:NCMR knows are under 13, and no part of the Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If PPC:NCMR becomes aware of having information about anyone under 13, PPC:NCMR will promptly delete the information.
Type of Cookie*: Name of Cookie, Purpose of Cookie
Performance Cookie: Google Doubleclick, Retargeting Pixel to serve ads to previous visitors to the site based on campaign specific goals and objectives.
To find out more about cookies or how to delete cookies in your browser, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Purpose of Use and Disclosure of Information
We will collect personal information from you only in a fair, reasonable, and lawful manner. We will use such personal information only for the following purposes (unless we have obtained your consent or applicable law requires or permits us to process your information otherwise):
- providing you with personalized service;
- operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- forwarding petitions you have signed to advocacy targets;
- providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, breaking news, reports etc. and informing you of other relevant PPC:NCMR activities. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to receive such information;
- other marketing purposes where you have consented (if required by applicable law);
- sharing your contact information with our affiliates and third party organizations we feel could be of interest to you, provided you agree to such sharing and such sharing is legal under applicable local law. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to have your information shared in this way;
- sharing the information you provided us with third party service providers who help us to provide our services and operate. Whenever possible, such sharing of information will be subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements. We use service providers, which may change from time to time, (among others) to:
- process donations;
- operate our websites and other IT systems;
- administer our e-mail lists;
- complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Privacy Preferences. You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by us by sending your request by letter to “Internal Communications Manager” at the address provided under “Contact Information” below. You may choose not to receive newsletters, invitations and other similar correspondence from us, and/or choose not to have us disclose your personal information to organizations for the purpose of contacting you. You may do this whenever you provide us with personal information by checking the appropriate box on the online or other form. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any of our mailing lists by visiting our Mailing List Services Page and subscribing or unsubscribing to each such list, as applicable; a link to automatically unsubscribe will also be included in every e-mail mailing. You may also send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to:
The Poor People’s Campaign
3041 Broadway, Box 47
New York, NY 10027
If you request that we disclose, modify or delete your information from our databases, or cease to make use of your personal information either temporarily or permanently, we will endeavor to comply with your request as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records to the extent that such retention is legally required and permitted.
You may have the right, under applicable law, to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. Any access request may be subject to a fee.
Proceedings. It is possible that a government or other entity may try to compel us to disclose data. Where reasonable, we will challenge any subpoena or other legal process seeking access to anonymous or personal data we have collected from users of our website and mailing lists or otherwise, however in certain circumstances we may be unable to resist a subpoena or other legal proceedings.
The PPC:NCMR websites may contain links to external websites, such as news sites, international institutions, other non-for-profit organizations or other relevant entities. We do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of these or any other third parties, and are not responsible for their practices or the content of their websites. You should review the privacy policies of such third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
We use reasonable physical, technical and administrative security methods to protect the data that resides on our servers and other files. This includes mechanisms to protect your personally identifiable information under our control from loss, misuse, or alteration, such as redundant firewalls and 128-bit SSL encryption of all transactional information exchanged between you and PPC:NCMR. We also maintain a Level 2 PCI Certification for credit card processing. In addition, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Only employees and advisors who need access to personally identifiable information to perform a specific job are granted access to that information.
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal, regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you that may be in our possession to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials if necessary and appropriate.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to PPC:NCMR, you may request information once per calendar year about PPC:NCMR’s disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to PPC:NCMR at email@example.com.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
The Poor People’s Campaign
3041 Broadway, Box 47
New York, NY 10027
Last Updated: August 2, 2020