The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is calling for people across the country to Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! And Don’t Believe the Lies! Right now, states are beginning to reopen against the best recommendations of doctors, public health officials and other experts. State legislatures, governors, and the federal government are putting millions of people, especially the poor, at great risk by reopening too soon.
At the same time, the government continues to offer piecemeal responses to this pandemic and the growing economic crisis that have put profits over people. We must come together to demand that all of our elected leaders act on the responsibility they have to protect and provide for every person in this country, not just during a national crisis, but at all times.
- Click here to read our news alert about the Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! campaign.
- Sign our petition to demand a moral stimulus package that addresses the roots of the double pandemic of poverty and COVID-19.
- Click here to read the Poor People’s Campaign COVID-19 Health Justice Advisory Committee’s statement.
- Click here for our digital toolkit to find sample posts and graphics to amplify the #StayAlive campaign on social media.
- Click here to RSVP for the June 20th Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington: Digital Justice Gathering!
Take action with the Stay in Place! Stay Alive! Organize! campaign by using our digital tools below:
Help us take over social media with #StayAlive sign-selfies to amplify the need to Stay in Place, Stay Alive, Organize, and Don’t Believe the Lies! Click here for signs you can print & use for your selfie, or make your own!
Join the Poor People’s Campaign on social media by taking & sharing a selfie of what #StayAlive organizing looks like where you are! Tag us at @UniteThePoor & use #PoorPeoplesCampaign